A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:49 pm

newscalper wrote:No idea what you're doing raw

not up to me to say how raw sees it but - for what its worth - on the EJ ..
Attachments
2013-10-29_1645.png
2013-10-29_1645.png (112.46 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

raw

Postby raw » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:10 pm

Ok.

I"m only looking for 2 pieces of data. Sup Dem area, and momo to come out or go though it.

Look at my last chart.

On the chart, price reached an area of sup. At this point, my 'bias' is to find momo to drop out of this zone. I get my momo, retrace back into zone, and I sell. (Simiplar to Doji's 12 ma, sell above, buy below)

Momo retrace is the dna of reversals, and continuations. Couple this with S and D and you almost can't lose.

That's it. No secret.

Today's been good to me. 30+% on the acct.

I'll be on later, I got 50+ journals to read by fri.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:33 pm

OK fair enough, you're trading past supply ad demand levels at extremes. Afaik, Doji isn't doing that, rather he's following current PA and when a certain level 'fails' that implies new supply or demand has formed at an area and then follows price.

I've been bashed over the head SO many times trying to trade pure supdem it isn't funny.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:18 pm

I went so far down the rabbit hole that every trade was a scientific study.

Now I spend my days relearning simplicity:

Anything that can be grasped by the simplest of minds, in ten seconds, is what you should use to make money.

Harder things are confirmations more than they are reasons to take action.

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 am

As for the question on semafors...

The "1", "2", "3", is not telling you anything of value and it's nothing more than a zigzag applied 3 times...

If you are going to use it, replace those numbers with an actual number value so you can see the swing values...
Life is just a journey

PebbleTrader

Postby PebbleTrader » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:09 am

There is nothing magical about it, it's only purpose is to easily show the swing values so that you don't have to manually measure them.
Life is just a journey

raw

Postby raw » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:51 am

News,

I am trading like Doji. At least I think I am, given that I'm modelling my trading by the method(s) outlined in his thread.

1. Look at the chart I posted. Look at the stack entries. I don't know what you mean by 'pure' price action, but that chart exhibits continuation trades. Continuation trades (stacking) only work, if the level fails.

I've marked up the S D zones/(line) in the black rectangles. As candles cross and close below these zones/lines, I continue to sell. A retrace wick is all I need to know that price will continue south.

2. The latest chart I'm posting exhibits the same concept. Price crosses and closes beyond a zline (zline was taken from previous dem level) Price retraces to that line, and I sell. I let this trade ride, cuz I had to hit the books this afternoon. Made around 15 pips.

Its 3am, gotta crash, hope this helps you...
Attachments
eurusdm15.png
eurusdm15.png (34.11 KiB) Viewed 3109 times
raw1.png
raw1.png (37.88 KiB) Viewed 3109 times

Offek

Postby Offek » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am

Good morning all,

I do follow the thread for a while as the concept presented by Doji really suits my type of trading. But I have some problem with setting the tp.

Do you usually use any pre-defined area to set your TP or it should always be the bias change? Are you calculating a r:r before taking a trade? Thanks for advice, greatly appreciated! :)

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am

raw wrote:News,

I am trading like Doji. At least I think I am, given that I'm modelling my trading by the method(s) outlined in his thread.

1. Look at the chart I posted. Look at the stack entries. I don't know what you mean by 'pure' price action, but that chart exhibits continuation trades. Continuation trades (stacking) only work, if the level fails.

I've marked up the S D zones/(line) in the black rectangles. As candles cross and close below these zones/lines, I continue to sell. A retrace wick is all I need to know that price will continue south.

2. The latest chart I'm posting exhibits the same concept. Price crosses and closes beyond a zline (zline was taken from previous dem level) Price retraces to that line, and I sell. I let this trade ride, cuz I had to hit the books this afternoon. Made around 15 pips.

Its 3am, gotta crash, hope this helps you...

What I was saying was that you're looking for 'Seiden' style supdem areas and then trading from them. No problem with that ...but about 4 posts ago Doji spelled out what he's doing and there was no mention or visual of that. He's basically trend trading pullbacks after a bias change, bias change being failure of a rb. No mention of prior congestion/breakout areas to the left.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Right the whole bias thing.
My bias here is short right. Why? Because there is an H1 down zone right there. Also on H4 there's one too.
But,

Short trades failed. Then price goes up and through the zone, shift bias long. Right? Why MACD is long, M15 is long but is tht H1 box just being wicked to the upside, plus it's still within the H4 box??

Now price is above the H1 zone but still inside the H4 zone, MACD saying up, M15 saying up, M5 saying down. LOL. So bias up or down?

Who knows?

Return to “beginners forum”