A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:52 pm

newscalper wrote:Well, just been right royally edit over on my long on cable as I had a stop in place, because yesterday I didn't have a stop in place and thus got edit over as well.
Account now 25% down.

Yippekiay muthaedit :roll:

Some questions I always ask myself before and during the trade...

Am I trading away from extremes in the direction of profit (have I found good quality Momentum on the Higher Time Frames)?
Where is my Line in the Sand and beyond that what is backing me up even more?
Do I have enough space to take the nessasary heat to see my goals realized (seeing profit)?
What are the candle body's and wicks telling me and are they confirming my thoughts?
Am I taking profit when I get good movement and thereby collecting space into the space bank?

Just some thoughts on the matter... It helps going back to the basics from time to time..
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:42 pm

Opened up the GBPUSD 4H and my mind instantly exploded from from all the fractals on the chart!

That is what I get for not drinking rum before opening a chart...
thanks news.

verify* dont you love when you make typos on charts...

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:58 pm

Some analysis for the layman using limited knowledge of triangles:

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Nice trading raw.

News, always plan your trading rules and trade your plan. Step by step. You seem to be reading the momentum correctly. If you use sema's like I do, define your rules for them which will occur after your RB momentum observation. I also have always used and ema rule. I notice on your charts no visual of a bias. When I post charts its almost always the entry chart, not the bias plan. What do you use, or how do you see your bias. I have listed many examples in this thread, from RB boxes on higher time frame, BB Bands, Macd, momentum behind us Dragon style. Never trade without a bias, we will just be giving our equity away when we do. The below chart has short and long trades based on hard set rules, non discretionary. That follows a bias. I dont know how you see a bias....we all see it differently. If my bias was from a 20 min or longer chart I would have no long trades on the pic below. My bias is based on a 8 min chart, my entries on a 5 min. The next pic gives an example using the macd(awesome indicator if used correctly) So a break down, determine a bias direction, then I look for momentum breaks using my RB(rockboxes). I trade away from higher number sema's only if RB's show the way, other wise I trade toward higher sema's. When to pull the trigger? When above the ema for shorts and below for longs. Take Profits, when im happy, just becomes second nature.
I never add to losers.... and stack to my winners...

doji
Attachments
gbpusdm5bb.png
gbpusdm5bb.png (87.95 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
gbpusdm5.png
gbpusdm5.png (71.25 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
gbpusdm5b.png
gbpusdm5b.png (62.61 KiB) Viewed 3402 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:11 am

Start to finish. Applies to anytime frame (i just like the short ones) Any pair. I have my favorites though. I put the notes on each chart.
Attachments
eurjpym5bigpic.png
eurjpym5bigpic.png (100.35 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
eurjpym5entryview.png
eurjpym5entryview.png (86.85 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
eurjpym15entry chart.png
eurjpym15entry chart.png (64.07 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
eurjpyh1rbbox.png
eurjpyh1rbbox.png (71.46 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
eurjpyh4bias.png
eurjpyh4bias.png (87.99 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:32 am

I still don't understand how news lost 25% in one trade...
I can understand if it were a 167 pip gap move after doubling my lots, drunk off my ass staring at a picture I was going to post but now believe to be my actual chart window (has happened); but other than that, damn!

Explain =)

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Great "play by play" doji, very helpfull. Thanks.

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:14 am

dojirock wrote:Start to finish. Applies to anytime frame (i just like the short ones) Any pair. I have my favorites though. I put the notes on each chart.

It seems like you're back on track after our skypechat ;-)
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm

MightyOne wrote:I still don't understand how news lost 25% in one trade...
I can understand if it were a 167 pip gap move after doubling my lots, drunk off my ass staring at a picture I was going to post but now believe to be my actual chart window (has happened); but other than that, damn!

Explain =)

Not 25pct on one trade. Never said that. 25%dd on the year.
And Jal - account was 10% in dd already, no 'space' to apply. Thanks anyway.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:32 pm

dojirock wrote:Nice trading raw.

News, always plan your trading rules and trade your plan. Step by step. You seem to be reading the momentum correctly. If you use sema's like I do, define your rules for them which will occur after your RB momentum observation. I also have always used and ema rule. I notice on your charts no visual of a bias. When I post charts its almost always the entry chart, not the bias plan. What do you use, or how do you see your bias. I have listed many examples in this thread, from RB boxes on higher time frame, BB Bands, Macd, momentum behind us Dragon style. Never trade without a bias, we will just be giving our equity away when we do. The below chart has short and long trades based on hard set rules, non discretionary. That follows a bias. I dont know how you see a bias....we all see it differently. If my bias was from a 20 min or longer chart I would have no long trades on the pic below. My bias is based on a 8 min chart, my entries on a 5 min. The next pic gives an example using the macd(awesome indicator if used correctly) So a break down, determine a bias direction, then I look for momentum breaks using my RB(rockboxes). I trade away from higher number sema's only if RB's show the way, other wise I trade toward higher sema's. When to pull the trigger? When above the ema for shorts and below for longs. Take Profits, when im happy, just becomes second nature.
I never add to losers.... and stack to my winners...

doji

Thank you for all the work on these, will print out and study in depth. One thing I see if that you're now only using runs of bars for boxes and ignoring the singular, otherwise there are ones on there you're not drawing. Another thing that's blown my mind, is, and I@ve only looked cusroarly for a start - why doesn't the bias zone logic also apply to the H4 chart 0 the one where you've set the alarm - you've basically see the start of a 123 forming with a potential higher low. BUT, if yo apply the bias zone principle to the H4 the zone for short has not been broken to the upside so you're trading against the long term bias at that point?

Return to “beginners forum”