A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

vamp

Postby vamp » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Doji where can I find that ninja macd with the hop? I am very intrigued by your stack trading. I can only trade htf charts such as h4 up, or sit down for the Asia session due to my time constraints but I think this would be awesome to practice so I could trade the ltd too.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:11 am

I am very intrigued by your stack trading. I can only trade htf charts such as h4 up, or sit down for the Asia session due to my time constraints but I think this would be awesome to practice so I could trade the ltd too.[/quote]
Last edited by dojirock on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Doji i ve gone trough all the examples of stacking and i have some questions if you wouldn t mind..

1. you mentioned this:

The macd, hopper is to help people struggling with price action on whcih mbars count and which dont. Bias isnt difficult. Then combining with dragon lines and it doesnt get any better.

Which dragon lines are you reffering to? 1h, 4h,...?

2. Stacking. I find it extremely usefull, if one uses it correctly, the hit% doesn t matter anymore, as losses are made with the smalles lot and profitable trades with biggest.

My question is this, do you use some kind of trade manager to have control over movement of price and do you use stop orders with stacks (stop order at x pips from original entry) or do you just push the sell/buy button when price reaches certain distance from the first entry? Also, in some examples there are 4 stacks inside 10 pips together with original entry...so no "profit buffer"...whats up with that?:)

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:23 am

Adding is simply moving a stop loss to keep your risk at the same level.

Once you understand that "adding" is a trailing stop then all that you need to do is come up with some method of trailing a stop and you will know how to increase your lot size.

If a retracement is not a threat of reversal & if you can increase your size while keeping your stop at the same level (liquidate/reenter) then adding is automatic.

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:20 am

Yes, i was looking in to trade managers, because it enables one to pre-set lot adding sequence, so basicaly all i would need to do is to push the sell-buy button and take the profit at point b.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:52 pm

"so basicaly all i would need to do is to push the sell-buy button and take the profit at point b."

=) ------------------> http://www.babypips.com/

dchappy

Postby dchappy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:58 pm

newscalper wrote:Yeah, I think I draw my lines the same as you doji

TBH I don't think I'm going to get the hang of this :(
3 losses in the chop this morning and then this which actually was another loss as I'd added. Maybe should have just taken the pips on the spike but if you don't let things run...
Hindsight is VERY easy :lol:

When the macd is walking sideways along the zero line , it is telling you that the market is in chop .

Wait until you see some "white space " away from the zero line .

You don't take every cross .

btw ..is your indy the macd , or the oscillator of the macd ?

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 pm

Generally the macd I've been using is the MACD true, which is MACD, the pink arrows show when the fast line crosses zero
The one in that graphic is Doji's which afaik is also standard MACD
Last edited by newscalper on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:57 pm

HI doji or dragon

wanted to ask about big bars on breakout swings. Not so long ago we talked about putting a fibo 0,50% and 100% level on the biggest bar on 15min breakout swing and watching for retrace and a bounce off the levels.

Would you also say thats this valid on higher timeframes price seem????respects this levels attached is example of 1hr chart.

Appreciate any comments/feedback.

Thanks.
BB
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

paweldobkowski

Postby paweldobkowski » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:13 am

bettlebox wrote:HI doji or dragon

wanted to ask about big bars on breakout swings. Not so long ago we talked about putting a fibo 0,50% and 100% level on the biggest bar on 15min breakout swing and watching for retrace and a bounce off the levels.

Would you also say thats this valid on higher timeframes price seem????respects this levels attached is example of 1hr chart.

Appreciate any comments/feedback.

Thanks.
BB

I think that You're looking for too sctrict rules. The orders are in the big bars (unless they are created on low liquidity = jumping between stacks of orders) but also in many other various places. So of course these levels might turn out to be significant but this is visual pattern trading. This is basically creating a simple model (finding a pattern) and pushing it to extremes (executing it) which almost always makes the model break.

EDIT:

Just realised that the question was to Dragon or Doji. Turns out that I'm really a polish drunk slob with no manners.

Return to “beginners forum”