A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Look into that... 80 percent wrong... I remember when I was there. I started looking and realized I was looking at the wrong side of the lines to take my trades and it changed my trading overnight. I feel you are so close to figuring out what your doing wrong, you just cant see it. Sounds crazy I know, but its true.

Try this...draw a line like you do, Ask yourself why you draw it.
Then look left, see if there is anything you can see or pick up on that would change your entry from short to long or long to short.

trying to help...
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm

Final short entry was who knows where - I used the Chin stumped on the 5 minute off an inside bar so goodness knows!

Re lines, I don't draw them expecting a continuation, how it's been defined if there's a run of bars down, there has to be a number of bars up and then at least one down again for a line 'zone' to form - by that time it's too late to enter, almost always. So what I look for is, at the end of a run, the attempt to make a line, which subsequently fails and closes over the other way, if you do that at an actual true line (with all the various bars inbetween) 9/10 it's so far from the top it's ridiculous sometimes.
My head has been a mess all week :(

I think I know what you might say 'draw 5 min lines and wait for a 15 min close over', haven't been able to get that working either. Whatever I'm doing I can't get it 'working' :lol: :arrow:

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:19 am

Last edited by Dan on Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am

Dan wrote:I feel your pain news but I realized that picking the tops or turn arounds is for the experienced guys and that will come to you eventually. Go with the flow and trade the retracements in the trend, in the direction of the trend, its just safer.

From my point of view, "picking the tops/bottoms" and "trade the retracements in the trend" is the same. A top/bottom is always the end of a retracement of an another move, so it's a matter of perspective.

To me, there is no trend. One can say there "was" a trend but nobody can't predict if it will continue for years or stop in a minute, so there is no defined trend, apart for looking at the past. That's why I believe it is more crucial to have a proper MM (small losses and big winners, if possible) to be succesful than having "magical" entry points.

This is just my opinion. :wink:

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

I agree with you but you might be able to follow price action like doji, I, like a lot of others get confused especially when its choppy and especially when you use two time frames. I know exactly how to follow price, i've read this thread and others plenty of times but there comes a time when the experience makes you a better trader, training your eyes to alert you when these signals happen and how to react is more important than studying zlines for years.
I just take the most obvious trades, the ones that scream at you and thats all i'm saying.

News here are a couple of the main lines that stood out me, all hindsight though.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:05 am

another

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 pm

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Dum_Smile
Attachments
Capture20062013.GIF
Capture20062013.GIF (101.84 KiB) Viewed 3614 times

dragon33

Postby dragon33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm

onontsira wrote:
Dan wrote:I feel your pain news but I realized that picking the tops or turn arounds is for the experienced guys and that will come to you eventually. Go with the flow and trade the retracements in the trend, in the direction of the trend, its just safer.

From my point of view, "picking the tops/bottoms" and "trade the retracements in the trend" is the same. A top/bottom is always the end of a retracement of an another move, so it's a matter of perspective.

To me, there is no trend. One can say there "was" a trend but nobody can't predict if it will continue for years or stop in a minute, so there is no defined trend, apart for looking at the past. That's why I believe it is more crucial to have a proper MM (small losses and big winners, if possible) to be succesful than having "magical" entry points.

This is just my opinion. :wink:

If you master forex you can almost predict a trend very easy but it takes years to accomplish that!!! After all traders use a method to GUESS the right direction and according to the method you use you will guess a lot of times the right direction but the missers are no bad guessing they are just there because your method is not the holy grail!!!
You have to master al the frames at once and you start from the high frames extreme to enter on a low frame to catch THE TREND in pieces. It is even possible to ride a trend stay in trade and scalp or trade the pullbacks but that's only in europe otherwise it is the fiforule!!!

The other question is why should i ride several 100 pips? That's a total different story and depend on your MM. Like most of the older members know that i play very agressive with high lotsize there is no need to trade those big runs i just want a piece of it ;-)
If you would like the same results like mine with lower size then you need to catch more of the run as i do. There will never be a person who can tell you how you can make the most out of it. Some people say it is not important where to enter and the same people will say that it is all in the MM, while other people keep saying (like i do) that entry is the most important part of trading (altough when you play high leverage)
Trading is like cycling, first you need to learn how.
Two options: you either lose or win!

judokamak

Postby judokamak » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:26 pm

dragon33 wrote:You have to master al the frames at once and you start from the high frames extreme to enter on a low frame to catch THE TREND in pieces. It is even possible to ride a trend stay in trade and scalp or trade the pullbacks but that's only in europe otherwise it is the fiforule!!!

For me, thats the most difficult thing to acomplish..."adding up" all the TF in one logical unit.
Just to check..

"high time frame extremes" are daily/weekly z lines and/or 4h "pointy" places...yes?

Return to “beginners forum”