A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 pm

A break of a short zline is my entry area and is followed by a newly formed long zline shortly after. If I get a break of a long zline, then I get a confirmation of a newly formed short zline in the same time period.
Once I feel im right, I add to or hold on my position.

onontsira wrote:
dojirock wrote:I also drew in a red short zline. To the left. This is what I trade. After it breaks(close above by the white) I enter long. A Couple candles later confirms my long zline telling me im ok in the direction im in. Im always trading zlines to the left?and the current one that are being drawn are my confirmation to the ones on the left that im correct.

Hi Doji,

so you trade 2 zlines at a time:

i.e. Long: you wait for a "now invalid" former short zline that confirm the long one which occurs at the moment?
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

ALS

Postby ALS » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 am

Hi all,

I'm new here and have been trying to catch up.

Attached is a EURUSD 15min chart. Valid zlines have ticks next to them. The bottom left one is not a valid zline i beleive?

I have put an explanation as to why I think the Long & short zlines on the right of the chart are invalid.

Green= Long zline
Red= Short zline

Am I doing this right?

Thanks
ALS
Attachments
EurUsd 15min.PNG
EurUsd 15min.PNG (49.73 KiB) Viewed 2410 times

Postby Karma » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 pm

Maybe it's just me, but it feels thoroughly moot to label your support or resistance as "Support" or "resistance". There are only two options, labeling them is a bit of a waste of energy and system.

If it's going up into "something", either trade long with it away from something, or short away from something
"Profit is found in a thinking mind. If you come to this . . . with pen and paper in hand then you will fail to find the beauty that exists within yourself." - MightyOne

Postby Karma » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 pm

a line is a line, it's the reaction to it which determines our appropriate reaction
"Profit is found in a thinking mind. If you come to this . . . with pen and paper in hand then you will fail to find the beauty that exists within yourself." - MightyOne

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 pm

dojirock wrote:A break of a short zline is my entry area and is followed by a newly formed long zline shortly after. If I get a break of a long zline, then I get a confirmation of a newly formed short zline in the same time period.
Once I feel im right, I add to or hold on my position.

onontsira wrote:
dojirock wrote:I also drew in a red short zline. To the left. This is what I trade. After it breaks(close above by the white) I enter long. A Couple candles later confirms my long zline telling me im ok in the direction im in. Im always trading zlines to the left?and the current one that are being drawn are my confirmation to the ones on the left that im correct.

Hi Doji,

so you trade 2 zlines at a time:

i.e. Long: you wait for a "now invalid" former short zline that confirm the long one which occurs at the moment?

Ok, so doing this way I see myself as trying to "catch the tops" or "catch the bottoms" of big moves, and then trying to go countertrend against previous high TF move. Thought it was easier to trade only non broken zlines, I mean rejections (end of pullbacks to go with the current high TF trend).

(assuming you only trade 2 different TF's, because in fact, you are always countertrend of something...)

I hope you understand what I mean... :oops:

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:04 pm

Here is what I don't understand ](*,):

I remember that you told us it takes momentum to break a zline, but it also takes momentum to reject one. Is there any difference for you that makes you prefer trading this way (from these places, with broken zlines first)?

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 pm

onontsira wrote:Here is what I don't understand ](*,):

I remember that you told us it takes momentum to break a zline, but it also takes momentum to reject one. Is there any difference for you that makes you prefer trading this way (from these places, with broken zlines first)?

Trying to answer myself: you maybe don't only look at 2 TF's... So that the pointy place you seem trying to catch is just another zline, on a third TF, a bigger one...

éhéhéhé :lol:

Taking me back to what Arkan showed on page 189...

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm

onontsira wrote:

Trying to answer myself: you maybe don't only look at 2 TF's... So that the pointy place you seem trying to catch is just another zline, on a third TF, a bigger one...

The logic is this: to be short, longs have to get screwed, to be long, shorts have to get screwed. If the trend is no longer going up, it's going down. It's better to count on support/resistance not holding than support/resistance holding - MO keeps saying to view it as a line behind you, not in front.

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:06 pm

newscalper wrote:
onontsira wrote:

The logic is this: to be short, longs have to get screwed, to be long, shorts have to get screwed. If the trend is no longer going up, it's going down. It's better to count on support/resistance not holding than support/resistance holding - MO keeps saying to view it as a line behind you, not in front.

Thanks News, I just start thinking by myself :oops: :lol:

Sandra

Postby Sandra » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Nicely said!!
newscalper wrote:
onontsira wrote:

Happy_Smile

Return to “beginners forum”