A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

seacap

Postby seacap » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:53 am

Fxfreak, I would say that doji is waiting for green bar marked "3" to close. After that the ZL becomes "valid". But lets wait for dojis answer.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:24 am

dojirock wrote:My 1st step in trades is to find a bias. In this example, we will pretend, that I was just trading the 4hr chart as entry....so I can outline the steps. Pure price action. Before I start, ES/PIP, nice charts....very simular to my thought process, but I see you use wicks. I use bodies, you can use 1/2's, 1/3's or even straight zlines, which is what I do majority of the time. Im convinced we trade very similar in styles with minor differences, chances are News, when you do find your way yours will vary slightly also.

Point 1 I use horizontal lines on color changes. At that point im bullish and looking for a reversal. I place an alert around my line(because its a 4hr chart)

Once I get a movement in price against my suspected trend, I wait and watch.

Point 2 Price comes back up and fails. I dont realize price fails until the two following bearish candles(white) form.

Now my mind jumps to my Doji Pattern(eheh) breakout of the failed candle, best prices are realized when above the 12 ema. Point 3

This is it, in its simplest form.....my next post will be on a 30 min...same area.

Hi guys,

You should maybe try to read or re-read this, on page 116 (very detailed, with graphs, etc... step by step)

It will maybe click for you as explained this way, as it did for me

Hope this helps

:wink:

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:37 am

Last edited by Dan on Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:34 pm

The zline you drew wouldnt be there until you got the close of the next green candle. Because if the next candle was red it would be a failed zline. Make sense

-> I put numbers on the candles. you mean: if no 2 closes below the zline it isn't a zline (just a fake). but no 2 closed near the zline. so no fail and a valid zline with my understanding??

which one is the "next green candle" you are describing?[glow=red] #3[/glow]

Fx, your definition is different than mine. You need a close of a red candle higher than a open of a red candle. You cant verify that until you have a close of a green candle.

you mean, close of no 2 must be above open of 0?[glow=red]yes[/glow]

In fact, we must wait for the end of the move to draw the line?[glow=red]yes![/glow]

what exactly is the end of the move?[glow=red]When you get a closed bearish candle above an open of a bearish candle! Verified by a green that the bearish move is over![/glow]

Because, there isn't a close above that line by a red candle!!!!
You would have to drop time frames to see that happen....
This is our bias time frame...it doesn't happen here....
Again....it has been said..."Price can fool you on one time frame some of the time but not on all of the time frames."

that means if no 2 would close 5 pips above the open of no 0 it would be a valid zline?[glow=red]YES[/glow]

The definitions of a zline are always different. I thought it is red to green with close above but now we need another close. but up to now i don't i don't understand which close you exactly mean Shocked

in this case the questions is: what exactly has to happen after no 1 formed to make my zline a correct zline? A closed bearish candle above the previous bearish open, followed by a green to confirm.
[glow=red][/glow]

whew....
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 pm

There are 2 steps. Learning how to draw them and learning how to trade or read them. We are still on step 1 unfortunately.

seacap wrote::shock: Seems like I am off-track. The price is above your bias line on M30, but you take a short trade off 5min chart...I thought we should take longs off lower tf charts as long as we are above ZLs on the higher TFs.

dojirock wrote:Drop a time frame....... Im gonna take there profits.....

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:43 pm

The red line on the left is telling us our bias is long. There is no contrdiction to that all the way up. The yellow line is a lower time frame short zline. If I take the trade there anticipating the reverse is there, once im in the trade i hope for a short bias line to appear on the bias time frame chart. If im wrong I get stopped out with a small loss and try again when I get my next yellow line.

LegendofZline wrote:

Are you marking up the yellow line after it crosses the pass green mbar... with a close over close under

I am having a difficult time finding the reason for marking this line...

Sorry Doji I feel like Im gonna bring us back to square one with this question...

This has got to be the longest game eye spy.... idk sorry not funny... crickets

ugh friday night woohoo Im loosing it....

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 pm

seacap wrote:Fxfreak, I would say that doji is waiting for green bar marked "3" to close. After that the ZL becomes "valid". But lets wait for dojis answer.

Bingo!

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:20 pm

onontsira wrote:... maybe try to read or re-read this, on page 116 (very detailed, with graphs, etc... step by step).....

Thanks, onontsira!!! I just realized that I have missed out on some of the middle of this thread. My bad!!

onontsira

Postby onontsira » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:49 pm

dojirock wrote:The red line on the left is telling us our bias is long. There is no contrdiction to that all the way up. The yellow line is a lower time frame short zline. If I take the trade there anticipating the reverse is there, once im in the trade i hope for a short bias line to appear on the bias time frame chart. If im wrong I get stopped out with a small loss and try again when I get my next yellow line.

LegendofZline wrote:

Are you marking up the yellow line after it crosses the pass green mbar... with a close over close under

I am having a difficult time finding the reason for marking this line...

Sorry Doji I feel like Im gonna bring us back to square one with this question...

This has got to be the longest game eye spy.... idk sorry not funny... crickets

ugh friday night woohoo Im loosing it....

...or you played this one, back from 7th of february :shock: :lol:

I'm sure you looked at it :P
Attachments
chfjpym30.GIF
chfjpym30.GIF (38.68 KiB) Viewed 3150 times

pp2

Postby pp2 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey doji, thanks for you patience, showing us what you know and keeping it simple! :D

Return to “beginners forum”