A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi True,

Thanks for contributing. I must say your chart is interesting. Not wrong, again if you can trade it that way. Imagine the draw downs would be significant though based on one line.

Try this, explain why and how you draw a zline. this being a bias chart for this exercise, not interested in entries right now.

trueblueTEX wrote:Well, I have been following this for some time now. I don't recall 'bias' being talked about so much here so I guess I have missed something.

I suppose that my meager contribution to doji's contest will demonstrate I have a lot o' learnin' left to do :-)

Here, I offer up my finger painting to the Rembrants:
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks guys,

Again, just it was just an exercise to get some of you thinking about your lines and what they mean.

I can tell you this, I draw mine the same way all the time now. I say now due to my thread has progressed since day one. So there will be variances on how I drew them in the earlier part of this thread, more like News.

Can you define how you draw them, is it the same every time. If its not then I challenge you to come up with a way that it is. If your way of seeing s/d, zlines, is different without form. How can you trade it with consistency?

This was my chart...feel free to ask questions
Attachments
eurusdm15.png
eurusdm15.png (39.39 KiB) Viewed 2625 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:16 pm

addition,

Sema's are just there for reference to make it easier to tell where we are when observing the chart.

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:33 pm

dojirock wrote:Hi News,

Your right, the sema's have nothing to do with this exercise. See how easily they can take the focus off price action?
Like I said, there is now right or wrong answer, but this is the bias time frame and bias would not change unless there was a "close over" on the next time frame up. You are correct in saying I would use the 5 min as the entry time frame.

Im at a bit of a loss...on your lines. I cant define why you draw your lines per a criteria that seems to fit all the time. They seem like to me you may have random or various ways of drawing them.

Now does this mean they are wrong?...no, not if you can trade them.
I use two colors just to avoid confusion while trying to explain how I see what I see, and also if I were to turn off the candles, I could with good certainty still trade based on my colored lines.

newscalper wrote:I'll bite

I wasn't considering if'/when the bars broke as another poster has, I've drawn the lines as they would have been. I assume these are lines to trade on the M5 as it's usual to trade lines from a higher TF tha nthe one you're looking at otherwise you won't get the range/r:r/whatever. If the answer is to be the only ones of interest are where the semas are...consider the semas were not where they are now at point of drawing the line.

no, they are absolutely not random at all, the basis is some kind of momentum re what we talked about in pm and the line is drawn from where it breaks out of the high/low, which is what a z-line is?? A breakout? See profit etc

pariah

Postby pariah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Some other thoughts...

Visualize where you think price will turn.

The shaded areas are just areas I THINK price will turn. They won't necessarily reverse at those levels, so my analysis now is to wait for a bias.

If price closes red next candle, I will short. If it keeps going up, I will continue to wait until I get my red candle.

I'm looking for a short bias until 825. If price crosses 825. I'm looking to buy.
Attachments
1.png
1.png (16.79 KiB) Viewed 2653 times

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 pm

pariah, that is a great explanation. I just got flashbacks of mighty zones :)

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Now pariah, are you scalping from one zone to the other? Or do you have a TP you'd like to reach, and if zones are too close you skip?

pariah

Postby pariah » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:21 pm

:x

Yeah, see... I probably won't trade short as this thing already ate up the distance between my S D zones.

I should have shorted after I saw all that wicking of the previous 2 greens. LOL...

Last month I would have shorted immediately without waiting for bias, but trust me - wait for bias. Since waiting for a bias candle I honestly haven't lost a trade, and I am more confident in holding onto trades longer. Losing less, and taking more is the result of waiting for bias. :idea:
Attachments
1.png
1.png (16.92 KiB) Viewed 2913 times

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Is your bias just a candle in the direction you'd like to enter?

cwn6161

Postby cwn6161 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:27 pm

I have trouble trading the small time frames, so I stick to observing the 4H and 1D. On EURUSD daily, it looks like the next zone to be zlined is around 1.2650. My bias is short, looking on the 4 hour for entries.

Return to “beginners forum”