A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 pm

I found this one I had from es/pip from a M5 scalp.

Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:54 pm

aliassmith wrote:I found this one I had from es/pip from a M5 scalp.

TRO would have you going short on the previous 'red' bar, right?

Does es/pip wait until a bar forms that has a decent wick to it?

Is that the meaning of "wicks show not the way"?

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:01 pm

trueblueTEX wrote:

TRO would have you going short on the previous 'red' bar, right?

Does es/pip wait until a bar forms that has a decent wick to it?

Is that the meaning of "wicks show not the way"?

es/pip trade: look at the red arrow that is the bar to enter on. Look at the pink line that is where to enter. You don't know if a bar will be a wick until it closes. You have to just get in at that pink line while it is still in motion and see what happens. Basically you would be going short on a bar that is currently long/green. as long as it is closing below the pink bar it is good.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Gotcha!
Thanks

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Im glad you marked up the chart the way you did!

Now your thinking and seeing. The difference between my entries and yours are the way we see price action. THATS IT. Find what gives you a high success rate and run with it....

Where there was no entry, like number 5, is because the way I read price action, it didnt tell me to enter. Thats it!

Mo has always said, "Trade from the extremes" well, this is one of my definitions of extremes! I dont look for trades until it reaches the other extreme.

We all have our way of seeing price action. That has been said many times. If it doesnt produce good results, then your not seeing price action correctly or as fine tuned as it should be.

Nice chart, I hope this provided a big step forward for you.

pinux1976 wrote:hehe doji rock a lot on question hihihi

this is my doubt :roll:

1° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short -> no prob for this entry
2° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long -> no prob for this entry
3° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short -> why not enter short? (3 yellow)
4° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short little above you entry (4 yellow)
5 ° price out BB close above BB -> i don't find PA pattern for enter long correct?
6 ° price out BB close above BB -> i don't find PA pattern for enter long correct?
7° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long (7 yello) -> why have you enter later and when the price go out of BB up?
8° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short at the same palce whe you have longed ( 7 yellow) -> Sos
9° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short (9 yellow)-> why you line yellow was more "low" than mine
10° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long -> no prob for this entry
11° 1° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short in this case you line for entry is better than mine

i hope when you have free time to answer
good week in advance

image full size here

http://postimage.org/image/a7pfr6kab/full/
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:48 pm

AH! Aliassmith,

I was trying to find that pic in my vast folders of pics. That pic, I believe is from one of your threads. That pic is worth many times it s size.

Everyone look at that pic...draw lines and you will solve the puzzle of zlines. Dragon uses it, I believe es/pip does, and I didnt become highly successful until I figured it out using that pic.

Aliassmith, Thank you for that pic reminder!!!!

aliassmith wrote:I like how doji uses the BB and sema as a "filter" for lack of a better word. Maybe they are really more of an Alert system. The real power comes from his Price Action, which happens to be very similar PA that I used scalping.

You don't have a valid "set-up" until you have something closing in your direction, then trying to get wicked in.

Left side: a small body red candle followed by a green body candle closing in a long breakout. Try to get wicked in on the next candle at/near the base of the small red candle.

Right side: opposite of left side.

This is one candle closing over PA type that I used and it looks like doji does also. Looks just like a mini zline/momo.

I have used the same PA from M5 up to D1 charts.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Another great post! Just want to add, using that alone I would not have gotten in. It has been said many times, price can fool you on one time frame but not on all the time frames. I believe also es/pip always used 2 time frames. One for a direction or general bias and one for a entrytime frame. Dragon used 3. Hint, I do the same,(two time frames) I never said I based my lines on the above chart based on the 5 min price action.......

I really like the last 1/2 dozen post, you guys are keeping it simple and thinking. Thats refreshing. Great job to all of you!

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 am

dojirock wrote:Another great post! Just want to add, using that alone I would not have gotten in. It has been said many times, price can fool you on one time frame but not on all the time frames. I believe also es/pip always used 2 time frames. One for a direction or general bias and one for a entrytime frame. Dragon used 3. Hint, I do the same,(two time frames) I never said I based my lines on the above chart based on the 5 min price action.......

I really like the last 1/2 dozen post, you guys are keeping it simple and thinking. Thats refreshing. Great job to all of you!

actually es/pip used a few timeframes, he used the supply/demand areas from the m15 m30, h1 and traded m5 or less. He had several ways to enter from these areas. I chated with him off and on about it and I still don't know all his entry methods.

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:49 am

dojirock wrote:AH! Aliassmith,

I was trying to find that pic in my vast folders of pics. That pic, I believe is from one of your threads. That pic is worth many times it s size.

Everyone look at that pic...draw lines and you will solve the puzzle of zlines. Dragon uses it, I believe es/pip does, and I didnt become highly successful until I figured it out using that pic.

Aliassmith, Thank you for that pic reminder!!!!

aliassmith wrote:I like how doji uses the BB and sema as a "filter" for lack of a better word. Maybe they are really more of an Alert system. The real power comes from his Price Action, which happens to be very similar PA that I used scalping.

You don't have a valid "set-up" until you have something closing in your direction, then trying to get wicked in.

Left side: a small body red candle followed by a green body candle closing in a long breakout. Try to get wicked in on the next candle at/near the base of the small red candle.

Right side: opposite of left side.

This is one candle closing over PA type that I used and it looks like doji does also. Looks just like a mini zline/momo.

I have used the same PA from M5 up to D1 charts.

No problem, i made that pic a long time ago to simplify the concept.

pinux1976

Postby pinux1976 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 am

dojirock wrote:Im glad you marked up the chart the way you did!

Now your thinking and seeing. The difference between my entries and yours are the way we see price action. THATS IT. Find what gives you a high success rate and run with it....

Where there was no entry, like number 5, is because the way I read price action, it didnt tell me to enter. Thats it!

Mo has always said, "Trade from the extremes" well, this is one of my definitions of extremes! I dont look for trades until it reaches the other extreme.

We all have our way of seeing price action. That has been said many times. If it doesnt produce good results, then your not seeing price action correctly or as fine tuned as it should be.

Nice chart, I hope this provided a big step forward for you.

pinux1976 wrote:hehe doji rock a lot on question hihihi

this is my doubt :roll:

1° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short -> no prob for this entry
2° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long -> no prob for this entry
3° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short -> why not enter short? (3 yellow)
4° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short little above you entry (4 yellow)
5 ° price out BB close above BB -> i don't find PA pattern for enter long correct?
6 ° price out BB close above BB -> i don't find PA pattern for enter long correct?
7° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long (7 yello) -> why have you enter later and when the price go out of BB up?
8° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short at the same palce whe you have longed ( 7 yellow) -> Sos
9° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short (9 yellow)-> why you line yellow was more "low" than mine
10° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long -> no prob for this entry
11° 1° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short in this case you line for entry is better than mine

i hope when you have free time to answer
good week in advance

image full size here

http://postimage.org/image/a7pfr6kab/full/

thanks doji and the other i'll return to btest with your candle pattern and idea !! see you soon with other graph for improve me and the other beginner!!

Return to “beginners forum”