A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Numbers are just the pip counts from one extreme to the other...
4hr chart.....I trade from the 5 and 15 min......for entries.....
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Omni

Postby Omni » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:04 pm

dojirock wrote:One can tell people how to trade, but the information would become lost. Teach and learn and you will SEE and find what will last.

What can we learn from this picture?

We can learn that the outer bands are following the Highs/Lows indicated by the blue dots.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 pm

just a follow up pic...
Attachments
shortline_623.gif
shortline_623.gif (36.77 KiB) Viewed 3281 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:30 pm

There are many ways to use indicators. Unfortunately they get misused
95 percent of the time. Price action is king. Learning how to read price as it relates to traders emotions is key. Using indicators as a crutch or confirmation can improve your odds for those that struggle with good trades. The white dots are just a semafore. The purpose of the dynamic fibs is to show where the sema originally paints, then the white dot is where it settled. There is no difference as it relates to price action between a 1 sema, 2,3, or higher . We know in hindsight price moves from sema to sema and they also straddle a 12 ema. Just the way it works. Think of them as an extreme finder or alerter.

There is a reason I dont have price action visible. Im trying to enlighten some by thinking backwards.
Attachments
st1.gif
st1.gif (10.31 KiB) Viewed 3265 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm

This is the 10,2 Bollinger Band indicator. These were the only two inidcators that finally cemented all that I learned here from KR and held it all together. Pro one day was showing me what he was doing and i put a BB on the chart. The BB gave me what I needed, to put together the logic in my mind to become successful. Its different for everyone. I dont use the BB anymore, there is no need to but in some way it changed my thinking just enough to tie in everything else and made it click.

Looking at this chart, you really cant trade it the way it is, but one thing I always struggled with is extremes. This exposes them for me.

I do know this, the trades that interest me and keep me from overtrading fall outside of the BB.

With me still?
Attachments
st2.gif
st2.gif (15.18 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:15 am

Putting it all together.

This is a 5 min chart, very lucrative. This is what my thread has mainly been about. The discovery of the close above, close below. Which in its self can have a couple dozen meanings. I have exhausted many of them and found one im comfortable with. These lines are not made up, They are not discretionary. This is where your work comes in.

Draw a horizontal line, and observe price. Its what es/pip does, Mo, Dragon, many others. So what was all the indicators about? They are about narrowing down the area that these important zlines, mbars, emotion lines, DTB lines, whatever you want to call them give them significance. I don't care about the in between. I'm not that kind of trader.
Its about ranges, statistics and the "line"
Do I know how far price is going to go? NO
I do know it will go to an extreme and beyond(expansion) and from that point I look for price to tell me when its finished.
I can tell you this too, on a 5 min chart, 8pips or more is possible with every trade and my draw down will always be 20 or less. Why?
That's my emergency stop. Most trades, look have a less than 5 pip draw down. There is comfort in consistency.

Figure out how to read price and draw a simple line.....

enough for now...hope this helps some of you.
Attachments
st3.gif
st3.gif (30.37 KiB) Viewed 3391 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:41 am

dojirock wrote:Putting it all together.

This is a 5 min chart, very lucrative. This is what my thread has mainly been about. The discovery of the close above, close below. Which in its self can have a couple dozen meanings. I have exhausted many of them and found one im comfortable with. These lines are not made up, They are not discretionary. This is where your work comes in.

Draw a horizontal line, and observe price. Its what es/pip does:, Mo, Dragon, many others. So what was all the indicators about? They are about narrowing down the area that these important zlines, mbars, emotion lines, DTB lines, whatever you want to call them give them significance. I don't care about the in between. I'm not that kind of trader.
Its about ranges, statistics and the "line"
Do I know how far price is going to go? NO
I do know it will go to an extreme and beyond(expansion) and from that point I look for price to tell me when its finished.
I can tell you this too, on a 5 min chart, 8pips or more is possible with every trade and my draw down will always be 20 or less. Why?
That's my emergency stop. Most trades, look have a less than 5 pip draw down. There is comfort in consistency.

Figure out how to read price and draw a simple line.....

enough for now...hope this helps some of you.

I like what you are doing there. The bb does look like a nice filter. It makes me miss the m5 scalping
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Joksa44,

In a sense that is what I have done! Please try to ask more specific questions of areas you struggle with and then I can possibly help you.

The sema and BB in this chart represent extremes to me on a 5 min level.
How far will they go once they reach the extreme (expansion)? No one knows. We dont just jump in when it gets to that level. Look at it as this, when price gets to the BB and the sema is outward, then 2 of the 3 criteria are fullfilled to trade this system. I call it a system due to the mechanical traders out there like steps. Now the 3rd step is needed as a trigger.
Zlines, in essence. You need to define your own meeting of a zline. I cant do that part for you, everyone has a different way of comprehending them. As do myself. I have explained in the thread 2-3 ways to find a form of a zline for the mechanical traders also. Spot those correctly and you are set.
What dont you understand about zlines?

pinux1976

Postby pinux1976 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:45 pm

hehe doji rock a lot on question hihihi

this is my doubt :roll:

1° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short -> no prob for this entry
2° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long -> no prob for this entry
3° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short -> why not enter short? (3 yellow)
4° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short little above you entry (4 yellow)
5 ° price out BB close above BB -> i don't find PA pattern for enter long correct?
6 ° price out BB close above BB -> i don't find PA pattern for enter long correct?
7° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long (7 yello) -> why have you enter later and when the price go out of BB up?
8° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short at the same palce whe you have longed ( 7 yellow) -> Sos
9° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short (9 yellow)-> why you line yellow was more "low" than mine
10° price out BB close above BB -> PA pattern enter long -> no prob for this entry
11° 1° price out BB close below BB -> PA pattern enter short in this case you line for entry is better than mine

i hope when you have free time to answer
good week in advance

image full size here

http://postimage.org/image/a7pfr6kab/full/
Attachments
sos.png
sos.png (199.62 KiB) Viewed 3253 times

aliassmith

Postby aliassmith » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:42 pm

I like how doji uses the BB and sema as a "filter" for lack of a better word. Maybe they are really more of an Alert system. The real power comes from his Price Action, which happens to be very similar PA that I used scalping.

You don't have a valid "set-up" until you have something closing in your direction, then trying to get wicked in.

Left side: a small body red candle followed by a green body candle closing in a long breakout. Try to get wicked in on the next candle at/near the base of the small red candle.

Right side: opposite of left side.

This is one candle closing over PA type that I used and it looks like doji does also. Looks just like a mini zline/momo.

I have used the same PA from M5 up to D1 charts.
Trade Your Way as Long as It Makes Money!

Return to “beginners forum”