A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Dan

Postby Dan » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:02 am

Last edited by Dan on Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

LegendofZline

Calling doji

Postby LegendofZline » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 am

Hey I know you said you were leaving for a sec and coming back. Hope you enjoy your hiatus. When you get a chance I would appreciate your analysis. Anyone else please feel free to answer any of my many questions I have.

Here is a couple trades made. Entry is red arrow. Any input would be appreciated. TP on the extreme of mbar that generated entry. Not that big. I did look higher tf before entering. Nothing in the way of trading so I entered. The 15min mbar generated closes beyond previous 15min mbar. I am entering doji style with the ema on the 5min when it is in the blue zone. The way doji explains. I am getting out if price goes the other way and closes beyond my zone. Please also let me know if I missed anything.

On another note I have been reading rereading all the forums here thinking I am missing something. I will be starting another forum if there is no response here so that I can get a better understanding of what true price action is and Seeing what all the great ones are seeing.

All is good. Looking forward to the next 5yrs here... That was a joke but might be the truth

LegendofZline

Postby LegendofZline » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:13 am

Would this be a proper analysis?

Or are we only looking at the most recent previous mbar to be crossed by new mbar.

Hard to explain what im asking....

I am guessing that if pass mbar is still available and crosses later by new mbar.
Is that still an area of interest. Or is this price no area of interest.

dojirock

Re: Calling doji

Postby dojirock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:51 am

LegendofZline wrote:Hey I know you said you were leaving for a sec and coming back. Hope you enjoy your hiatus. When you get a chance I would appreciate your analysis. Anyone else please feel free to answer any of my many questions I have.

Here is a couple trades made. Entry is red arrow. Any input would be appreciated. TP on the extreme of mbar that generated entry. Not that big. I did look higher tf before entering. Nothing in the way of trading so I entered. The 15min mbar generated closes beyond previous 15min mbar. I am entering doji style with the ema on the 5min when it is in the blue zone. The way doji explains. I am getting out if price goes the other way and closes beyond my zone. Please also let me know if I missed anything.

On another note I have been reading rereading all the forums here thinking I am missing something. I will be starting another forum if there is no response here so that I can get a better understanding of what true price action is and Seeing what all the great ones are seeing.

All is good. Looking forward to the next 5yrs here... That was a joke but might be the truth

Your blue zones are drawn slightly different from mine, but you seem to have a good grasp on it. Keep your losses small and let your winners run.
Entries are close to where i would have entered. we all see things a bit different, no problem. Were these live trades, or is that the problem you have, seeing them in live time?

doji
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:56 am

I dont trade overlays, I trade directly off any time frame per say. Look at just the 5 min candles and see if you can see any correlation to the entries your marked and the reason by just looking at the 5 min....

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:58 am

Thank you everyone for the best wishes. I just stopped in to see how yall doing? Looks like we have some silent posters learning here... I will help how ever I can...

20 pips a day till you reach you goal...space the final frontier!

doji

LegendofZline

Re: Calling doji

Postby LegendofZline » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:47 am

dojirock wrote:
LegendofZline wrote:Hey I know you said you were leaving for a sec and coming back. Hope you enjoy your hiatus. When you get a chance I would appreciate your analysis. Anyone else please feel free to answer any of my many questions I have.

Your blue zones are drawn slightly different from mine, but you seem to have a good grasp on it. Keep your losses small and let your winners run.
Entries are close to where i would have entered. we all see things a bit different, no problem. Were these live trades, or is that the problem you have, seeing them in live time?

doji

What my problem I believe is I am not seeing consistent wins and/or
I am not having a good win loss ratio. I will have winning trades
and then I will have 5 straight losses. Direction is simple trades are
simple but staying the trades is hard to do when prices shoots the
other way...
When you
say let winners run is there a way to explain that statement in
newbie terms. And also blue zones... is the correct way is to mark
up %50 of the bodies in a row of the bodies closing beyond past
mbars? not just the %50 of the new mbar that closes. I believe
looking at you past charts you mark up %50 of the whole sequence
of candles closing in the same direction. I also see you say you look
at 1tf not overlays I try to implement that... Thanks again doji.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:12 am

Have a great time in the DR!

Humble

Postby Humble » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:37 am

All the best doji, look forward to your return.
Is price closing higher or lower than something? Simple yet powerful question. ..MO

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 am

Back from the DR! Life changing experience.....

Feels good to trade today....
Attachments
current.png
current.png (83.5 KiB) Viewed 2938 times

Return to “beginners forum”