A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:12 am

dojirock wrote:Now the exciting change for me...

Had I used the same trade data, changing my Money Management plan, this is how it turns out.

Same starting balance.
Same risk of 4 percent, $93.45
Same daily pip gain.

Change in mental thought...why take a 20 pip stop every time?, get some space so I can change my thought process to this. With a 100 pips of space, I can now lose 5 times in a row at a max stop loss of 20 in a row before wiping out my space. Not going to happen.

This great doji!

...Placing your gains straight into space... this inflates your leverage causing you to grow your account at a very powerful compounding rate...

I'm a bit of a Excel junky myself and would appreciate a copy of yours.

I have done a similar Excel that has one fundamental difference... It takes my allotted risk IE 2% over the account size and then assigns a leverage amount... Perhaps my thinking is a little flawed in this regard and I would look to see how the numbers collate when I apply your logic to the equation.

Thx :P
:smt065

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:23 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"You want to learn from experience, but you want to learn from other people's experience when you can" -Warren Buffet

"He that can have patience can have what he will" -Benjamin Franklin

"Keep it as simple as possible but not simpler" -Albert Einstein

"If you know why you bought (x) in the first place, you'll automatically have a better idea of when to say goodbye to it" -Peter Lynch

----------------------------------------------------------------------

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 am

I am going to make a blanket statement, if you don't mind, and say that scalping 100% of the time is the wrong thing to do.

Instead you could allocate your space like this:

11%: scalping (really small SL)
22%: scalping (small SL)
66%: position trading
----------------------------------
100% = x% loss.

Keep trading until you reach your target % (say 12.5%+)

withnail

Postby withnail » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 am

A post from Aliassmith you might find interesting. http://kreslik.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47713#47713
Cheers,
Withnail
1. Big loss, 2. Small Loss, 3. Big Win, 4. Small Win --- just prevent 1.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 am

EU trade this morning nothing to write home about.

There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:17 pm

i believe you ar so close Bettlebox

For what its worth - This is how i see things.

The way i see it the supply that broke the pointy place, did not origanate at the pointy place itself - but above it

the second bit of supply was much better as it really did break through

Set your pending order and wait

(edit - put the name wrong :-)
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Pug

yea thats how i saw it , i used a 15min rat trade as my entry off the supply zone.My favourite method. Problem with the rat trade is sometimes you get a bad price. Like today.

Its definitely area of my trading i need to pay attention to. That can be next research going back over my trade journal and analys 5min rat trades on retracement back to supply/demand zones. See if they are more effective.

Or first break of the low/high on 5mins after hitting the orderzone.

Thanks Pug you got me thinking now

BB

Captain Pugwash wrote:i believe you ar so close Bettlebox

For what its worth - This is how i see things.

The way i see it the supply that broke the pointy place, did not origanate at the pointy place itself - but above it

the second bit of supply was much better as it really did break through

Set your pending order and wait

(edit - put the name wrong :-)
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I take notice of candles - especially where they show where the supply and demand lies - the other stuff is "conformation" which will generally get you a worse price and risk reward.

EDIT Actually -look at your trade from yesterday and apply the same principles
"MOJO 1)Self-confidence, Self-assuredness. As in basis for belief in ones self in a situation. Esp/In context of contest or display of skill such as going into battle. 2)Ability to bounce back from a debilitating trauma and negative attitude YEH BABY

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:20 pm

pug i noticed something about the 15min rat trades i taken so far, they all wick the 15min supply/demand zone, no big deal right.

But i noticed if i had attempted to take trade in the wicked portion of first candle that formed the 15min rat trade, that would of been a very good entry.

Plus you are taking trade in area where price was pushed out of , hence the wick on previous candle. very interesting

So wait for price to hit supply/demand on 15min and make serious attempt at a test that area and then play 15min wick as enter on the next candles.
So instead waiting for the other half of the 15min rat trade to form you take cheeky enter in wicked area knowing its area where price was rejected from.

am i close?

BB

Captain Pugwash wrote:I take notice of candles - especially where they show where the supply and demand lies - the other stuff is "conformation" which will generally get you a worse price and risk reward.

EDIT Actually -look at your trade from yesterday and apply the same principles

Captain Pugwash

Postby Captain Pugwash » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:18 am

Hi BB

All I might suggest is - try not to box yourself in, by saying to yourself - "I trade m5/15/60" etc etc - try to be fluid - look at everything from the top down.

EDIT - also I thought about this last night - if your entry method works for you - dont change it for anybody but yourself.

I posted an AU trade yesterday after your prevoius chart - you may have missed it?
Last edited by Captain Pugwash on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:54 am, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “beginners forum”