A fresh start! Doji's Trading Journal

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:52 am

dojirock wrote:News,

The I/T line is a bias change line. Not necessarily the entry line or area.

Revelations:

Space has nothing to do with entries. I know it has been said before, but I didn't listen. Start on the small time frames, build space to trade that time frame. The specific time frame will show you how much space you need. As you build up profitable trades, you can increase your space allowance to let you move up a time frame. Then repeat. It doesn't matter where you enter and you can trade long or short, to increase space. Thanks Mo, it only takes one little thing said the right way to finally catch on. Space on a hourly or 4hr chart can easily quadruple an account, especially for scalpers. I feel like I have finished the race and can now even trade long term.

Guys its all here in these threads, don't give up. When I feel I can add a different perspective on explaining it I will chime in.

There is no finish line :lol:

I learn something new every year.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:01 am

Your right Mo! But im going to enjoy my self for a bit. This is life changing for me. Thank you!
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

Jalarupa

Postby Jalarupa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:11 am

MightyOne wrote:There might be too much crap on one chart but lets give it a try:

I was blind... but now I see! :shock:

This is has everything you need to know...

Thank you MO !!!!

[edit] This one is definitely going to get colour printed and laminated
:smt065

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:54 am

Braathen wrote:Hi dojirock! (i have been drinking heavily this weekend and might not make sense).

So i will just throw this out here... and anyone that feels like flamming me
please do so at your own free will :D

I feel the goal of space is this "12 lots consumes more space than 04 lots so after a very short while there is a disconnect between what you are seeing on the chart and why you are placing new orders." and
"you can set pips on fire and place orders in the name of greed."-MO

So after you have chosen a strong(er) position (weekly+ extreme, large pointy place) then greed should take over. No candle stick pattern
or Boiling band should deture you from your greedy nature.
You would simply be placing orders as to accumlate space/lot sizes
before price expands either way.

"Price, on a regular bases will do 2 things.. make new highs/lows or come off them"

So this in my mind says that space has everything to do with entries.
Unless ofc your trying to align x line with your entry.

This is what i see and might be totaly wrong ;) but it sure does make sense to me :P

Back to drinking! I wish you the best of luck doji in reaching
your 100% in a week goal.. i too have this goal :D

I think the whole point of using space is to shift your focus from picking good entries to just managing space and position

In the picture below you could pick any level but your position will be always at 2737

Actually I moved my position from 2660 to 2737 before the parabolic move my entry was 2815 ; if I was thinking about picking a good entry 2815 would look like a bad entry point :wink:

A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. - Jesse Livermore

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm

MightyOne wrote:There might be too much crap on one chart but lets give it a try:

Now after I saw your chart I regret that I liquidated more than what enable me to to keep a position at 2660

I am hoping for a deep retracement :lol:
A man must believe in himself and his judgment if he expects to make a living at this game. - Jesse Livermore

newscalper

Postby newscalper » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:34 pm

dojirock wrote:News,

The I/T line is a bias change line. Not necessarily the entry line or area.

Revelations:

Space has nothing to do with entries. I know it has been said before, but I didn't listen. Start on the small time frames, build space to trade that time frame. The specific time frame will show you how much space you need. As you build up profitable trades, you can increase your space allowance to let you move up a time frame. Then repeat. It doesn't matter where you enter and you can trade long or short, to increase space. Thanks Mo, it only takes one little thing said the right way to finally catch on. Space on a hourly or 4hr chart can easily quadruple an account, especially for scalpers. I feel like I have finished the race and can now even trade long term.

Guys its all here in these threads, don't give up. When I feel I can add a different perspective on explaining it I will chime in.

I think sometimes I'm beating my head against a wall. I KNOW what an If' then line is. my If'then line was not my entry point, was it in that trade? Don't think so!

I'm getting to the point where I thin I'll just leave the forum and carry on doing my own thing I think tbh because people keep firing stuff back that I've written directly in posts sometimes almost to the letter like I'm bloody stupid or something and also stating I'm doing certain things when patently I am NOT.

Yeah, keep telling me what I already know, it really helps...not.

I know what space is and what it isn't. And as I said about 4 months ago it certainly isn't a magic bullet for -ve expectancy.

dojirock

Postby dojirock » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm

MO, one more thanks......Trendsetter NOW MAKES SENSE!!!

Awesome week!

:D
It always takes Momentum to break Momentum!
"A small loss is just as satisfying as a large gain" -MO
"Sometimes we need to stop learning and start thinking...."
"Once you stack, you'll never go back!"

MightyOne

Postby MightyOne » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:57 am

I don't think that you are a moron Newscalper :)

You have to consider that if you could write it down on paper that a machine could execute it more efficiently.

Money management is based on what you can see.

Your edge is largely implied odds; that which is statistically probable but outside of view at the moment.

Sometimes we make a trade that only makes sense 7 steps into the future:
I am short that price will close over, that it might retrace, that my position might double in size, that I might then follow, that there would be a strong move where I liquidate, where on a large chart price really hasn't moved that far from the extreme...etc.

If you were to write down a system on paper it would fall apart; it is then that you should realize that the edge is not your system, it is YOU.

bettlebox

Postby bettlebox » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:38 pm

EU Trade today, the wicking of the daily open spooked me into closing my trade at B/E.

Looking back at it on 5mins there was signs that price was hold line to down side. I missed this.
Attachments
eu 261112.gif
EU 261112
eu 261112.gif (26.44 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
There are two forces acting upon us: Suffering pushes us forward from behind and pleasures entice us and pull us forward.

Neo88

Postby Neo88 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm

It helps to define when you are wrong and put your stop there, like what MO said about swings and how they are good places for landing your position

Though I don't know if you can use space to manage space efficiently on low TFs

Return to “beginners forum”