70% Account Drawdawn.

If you don't know where to start, start here! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Moderator: moderators

newschool

Postby newschool » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:29 am

You don't trade manually yet you have favourites TRO indicators?

xtremeforex wrote:By the way, my favourite TRO tools are

a) Multi Meter Candle Colour
b) HERD Mentality
c) UP DOWN
d) Spread Alert
e) Bias EZ

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:37 am

Yup,

I still do like to SEE what happens. If you read the entire post it says they aren't specifically used in my trading.

Like you, I have also converted some of TRO's indicators into EA's, into functions that are called by my strategy, main program. :)

newschool

Postby newschool » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:49 am

Indeed buyzone works, but I needed 30% A DAY not a month... That was my problem as a student without decades of career revenues.

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 am

I don't use Buy Zone, but I do think it's good but it's too "slow" for my bot and strategy. My bot doesn't like to wait for H1 candles.

I have a completely different proprietary method that is based on some info gathered from 3 of TRO's indicators plus a few indicators designed by myself developed in Murex.

I am happy with 25-30%/month, because it yields a 90+% win rate, keeping risk significantly low. I am happy with that. It has been consistently earning 30%/month in live-forward and in 10+ years of backtesting without optimization. That is good enough for me.

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:57 am

I didn't think it was possible to make a profitable robot that was consistent in the long run. So if you found one with a 90%+ win rate, low risk, and consistent results in 10+ years of backtesting then consider that your holy grail.

The only profitable robots that I know of are the hedge funds robots which perform high frequency trades in nanoseconds or arbitraging.

The other robots or EA out there will never get consistent results because the market is very dynamic with time.

es/pip

Postby es/pip » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:13 pm

xtremeforex wrote:I find it comedic that you suggest demo trading experience is worthless when I could bet money that when you started, you started with demo yourself. I doubt you jumped into live-trading the minute you decided to join forex. Therefore, suggesting others not to demo is hypocritical.

Of course emotional aspects are different in live, but they don't mean anything either if you don't learn to trade first. Emotions/Psychology is one of the last steps to conquer when learning this market, not the first.

Additionally, I don't trade manually. I design bots that trade for me which I test under demo first. A bot does not know the difference between demo and live. This is how I manage psychology, because I am aware that the bot will stick to the plan consistently and is much faster to react to given conditions, to develop/test a bot or manual strategy on live is like testing an aircraft prototype when it first comes out of the hangar with 295 people.

not going to argue with you on this

i am not talking about robots i am talking about people.

of course you would test an automated system via demo, do you know any robots that need to learn emotional lessons?

my point is for a PERSON

if you can make 50 pips a day in demo that doesn't mean you can do it live

if you can make 50 pips a day at a penny per pip, then you can do it at 1k a pip, after you work your way up.
Bend over and assume the position for another 4 years of hope and change.

trueblueTEX

Postby trueblueTEX » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:40 pm

LOL!!!

I just read your sig line!!!

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:58 pm

adaseb wrote:I didn't think it was possible to make a profitable robot that was consistent in the long run. So if you found one with a 90%+ win rate, low risk, and consistent results in 10+ years of backtesting then consider that your holy grail.

The only profitable robots that I know of are the hedge funds robots which perform high frequency trades in nanoseconds or arbitraging.

ADASEB, you are EXACTLY right.

One of the disadvantages of my bot. I must keep trade sizes small, therby profits are frequent but small. Risk is low and managed over a longer period of time. The frequency of profit, even if small, gives me a psychological bonus of seeing my account grow on an hourly basis 24/5 giving me a strong impression that the bot is working and doing its job. I would rather see $5/hour instead of $20 every 4 hours if that makes sense, although they are both the same amount after 4 hours.

For example on very bad market days (with a $10,000 act balance), I may make only $20 but with very low stress. On good days sometimes $$600! Relative to my account balance this means a range of 0.2% -> 6%

My whole purpose on these internet forums and my research is to find out ways to somehow increase that percentage on bad days by figuring out a good risk algorithm with will let me increase/decrease trade sizes in a non-linear way. Otherwise, I would have been long-gone just enjoying my life and profits.

xtremeforex

Postby xtremeforex » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:27 pm

In case anybody is wondering, I use the OANDA API
and code mostly in javascript or C++, this is why I don't really bother posting my code because I know a good majority are using MT4.

If anybody else is using OANDA API, give me a shout, perhaps we could have a sub-forum for OANDA?...

adaseb

Postby adaseb » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:24 pm

How much is that API costing you $600/month?

Return to “beginners forum”