Brainstorming Alternative Bar Types and Sizes

announcements and discussion on NeoTicker webinars hosted by aspTrader

Moderators: aspTrader, moderators

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Michael,

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't understanding how one would apply an MA to the tick data. I've been stuck "behind bars" too long :) Thanks for clearing that up.

How would you put something like this together in NeoTicker? Do you need to create a special indicator to keep track of time?

You've really opened my eyes on the possibilities of time-stamped tick data. Thanks.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

michal.kreslik

Postby michal.kreslik » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Ed :D :D

"stuck behind bars" - that really is an apt remark :)

Obviously, if you apply SMA to the bar indicator, you are losing even more information since in the most cases, there's only one price used for calculating the SMA indicator (most often the close price).

I don't know how would I put this together in NeoTicker yet. But I guess I'll know that by tomorrow this time :) Since my NeoTicker package has left Paris already (I am tracking it with the FedEx tracking service - am I not crazy:) ), it will be here in the Czech Republic tomorrow very probably :D :D :D

eudamonia

Postby eudamonia » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Michal,

Excellent keep us posted on your new "baby" :) I'm very interested to see how something like you've described would go together.

FYI I'm currently reading every page of the 2,227 page NeoTicker manual. Holy cow. TradeStation eat that! Also, I'm reviewing C# videos like a mad fiend at http://www.learnvisualstudio.net trying to get my Java/C++ brain in line :)

BTW I plan on attending aspTrader's webinar this Sunday on C# for NeoTicker. 5:00 a.m. PST! aspTrader must be an early bird like me.

Edward
Eudaimonia (pron.: you-die-moan-e-a) (Greek: εὐδαιμονία) is a classical Greek word commonly translated as 'happiness'. The less subjective "human flourishing" is often preferred as a translation.

Knight09

Postby Knight09 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:41 pm

FWIW I have always looked at "bars" as a kind of data compression. The 1 tick chart is really the raw data, all other bars are a massaging of that data to reduce storage, transmission and comprehension loads (I assume).
Be Well, Trade Well.

Knight09

diagobd2

Postby diagobd2 » Sat May 11, 2013 2:01 pm

How would you put something like this together in NeoTicker? Do you need to create a special indicator to keep track of time?

Please add www.kreslik.com to your ad blocker white list.
Thank you for your support.

Return to “aspTrader's NeoTicker webinars”